simple question

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by amrk47, Mar 9, 2009.

1. amrk47 macrumors regular

why do people use this message board when the apple discussions has 10 times more members which translates in to more replies and also more effective replies??

just wondering?

2. p.luik macrumors regular

Apple has control of posts. Use whatever you want.

3. Miker2k macrumors regular

Usability.... I find the Apple forums much more difficult to use.

4. i_never_existed macrumors newbie

i_never_existed

It seems that I always get not only faster, but also better answers here.

5. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Agree with you there.

To the OP, no one is forcing you to be here. You already pretty much ruined your credibility a week or two ago when you were suggesting someone to sell a broken item as "MINT" on eBay.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=658282

6. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

First of all, I'm here because I love the Dave Chapelle gifs...

In a more serious vein, every time I've found myself on the apple boards (invariably from a google search) I find the same scenario panning out each time. Someone who has a legitimate question is either told "that's not possible" (when it actually is) or the first response poster clearly doesn't understand the OP's question or didn't take the time to read it thoroughly.

I'm not saying there aren't intelligent posts on the apple boards, and not all the chatter here is high-brow... But in my personal experience I've found MR to be a much better source of discussion and troubleshooting, regardless of the volume of posts and/or users.

Plus the way apple threads their posts doesn't work as well as MR's (well, vBulletin's actually) flat view. That's my two pennies worth...

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Google prefers this forum also. I've seen a post that had an external link and then did a search on the subject and that very same post was at the top of Googles results. arn must do a lot of business with Google adsense ;)