Simple Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Chiny, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Chiny macrumors 6502

I'm on 3.0.1, I'll be creating a custom ipsw w/ my friends Mac. Know is the custom ipsw a tethered J/B were I have to always be by a computer to download from the phone and respring? If so I may not waste my time. BUt if not let me know. I'm going to 3.1.2 I have a 3gs since the first month it came out if that makes a difference..:D

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

since

your not week 41/42 build you should have no issues enjoy! :D

3. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

What does week 41/42 mean, I'm not in the loop?

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Only the most recent iPhones (after week 41 or 42 of 2009) have been released with a new bootloader which requires that the iPhone be connected to a computer with Blackra1n to reboot if the phone happens to die or be reset for any reason. This is known as a "tethered jailbreak".

Since you got your phone when it was first released, it will have the old bootloader which has been cracked by Geohot (the developer of Blackra1n/sn0w).

5. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay so I'll set it up and see what happens, Thanks to All who informed me.

6. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

7. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

8. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Well the up grade went smooth but the carrier name is missing, now is there a patch in cydia for this or is their something else I have to do?

9. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

If you search MRoogle for "missing carrier logo" then you'll find solutions to get it back

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Install ultrasn0w. It is the DevTeam's unlocking solution, and it recently added a feature to reenable the carrier logo. It shouldn't hurt anything to unlock with untrasn0w, even if you are on an official carrier.

11. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Did the ultrasn0w and still nothing, maybe its just one of those things, I use the at&t carrier hack and because of the missing carrier It doesn't show. So I'm just alittle disappointed. So I tried MIM and put my own personal carrier name, just doesn't feel the same:(