Simple questions

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by stevenpa, Jul 26, 2011.

1. stevenpa macrumors 6502

How do I switch between Excel / Web browser tabs with the keyboard (MBA) again? Haven't used a mac in a while. :eek:

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Command+Tab will allow switching between open applications within OS X.

3. stevenpa thread starter macrumors 6502

PHP:
    I said tabs in excel / web browsers. Anybody? Should be simple?

4. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

No, you said "switch between Excel / Web Browser tabs" with the keyboard. Don't like my answer then either experiment, google, or be more clear in what you want to do. Reread your post before correcting my answer that does what you requested.

6. stevenpa thread starter macrumors 6502

Excel / web browser TABS. Not windows. TABS. I think that's pretty clear.

Thanks for the info SirStrumalot.

7. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

YOU think it is, but then again you know what you wanted to say. It is not clear, or i would have answered the question you wanted answered and not the one you wrote. You could have asked how to "switch between the open tabs within an application, such as those open within Excel or those open within Safari." and it would have been clearer. In normal writing Excel/ Web browser tabs means Excel or Web browser tabs (the Web browser becomes a description for the type of tab) and you are asking about application switching and not WITHIN the application. It might seem petty but it makes a difference.

8. Snookerman macrumors 6502

Wow, a simple "sorry, misunderstood your question would have sufficed. (Btw, I understood what he asked for from the beginning)

9. stevenpa thread starter macrumors 6502

I intended it to mean "Excel or Web Browser tabs." That does not then translate the meaning to application switching. Excel and Web browsers are two of the more common applications that have tabs, so I would assume one would understand it to mean in "these types of applications". If someone was asking how to switch between applications, wouldn't one ask:
    "How do I switch between applications?" Why specify specific applications?

10. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Many application also support cmd + shift + [ and ]

11. squeakr, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

As would a simple thanks, but I was trying to switch tabs within an application and not between applications. Just because you thought about it the way he did, doesn't mean everyone did (so do you feel better having told me that you understood from the beginning?). i responded the way i did, because of the attitude given for trying to help someone.

@stevenpa
    The reason some people respond with specific applications is because those are the only ones they use, and thus they think that they are the only ones that exist. Intentions don't translate well across the internet. I agree that stating it that way would be better as would stating your question: "How does one switch between open tabs within an application using the keyboard?"

12. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

13. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

14. Snookerman macrumors 6502

Mate I'm just saying that there wasn't anything wrong with the question and if you misunderstood it, it's perfectly fine. I didn't see any attitude from the OP.