Simple scan-to-printer software? (for photocopying)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr Skills, May 17, 2007.

1. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

I'm looking for a really simple app (or applescript) which will scan an A4 document and immediately print it - with a single button push. Nothing fancy, and I don't want to pay for a big app like VueScan just for this simple task.

Every scanner seems to come with software to do this in Windows, but they often neglect OSX. I've spent the afternoon on Google, to no avail. Any ideas?

EDIT: it has to be *really* simple. It's for my computer-illiterate parents :)

2. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Local newsagent is about as simple as it comes.

3. Mr Skills thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

They already own the scanner (an Epson 2480) and want to do it at home :)

It's really a dead simple and - I would imagine - very common use for a scanner. The kind of thing that every scanner comes with - just not for the Mac. To be honest, I was really surprised when I could not find any freeware on Versiontracker.

4. Mr Skills thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

Tell us anyway... it might be a starting point and then maybe someone will know how to do it in an Applescript or something :)

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

OK, printing from Image Capture, though you have to drag the selection box out to choose what you want to scan.

6. Mr Skills thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

Ah. Now I know that Image Capture can be set to scan straight to the printer - unfortunately you have to do all the settings (resolution, scan area etc) each time. Is it possible to make an Applescript that would do it all in one go?