Simple, soft-touch plastic case for Verizon iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ohkuipo, Mar 25, 2011.

1. ohkuipo macrumors member

Hey guys, I'm going to be picking up a Verizon iPhone soon. I was wondering if there were any sheer winners as far as simple, plain, black, soft plastic cases go? I really liked the look of the Speck PixelSkin HD, and the grip on the back was also enticing, but when I saw that it wasn't made directly for the Verizon iPhone I had some reservation. The switch issue isn't a huge deal, but if I'm buying a case I'd like to get one that fits perfectly.

Could anyone recommend some cases similar to that?

2. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

I've got the updated Incase snap smoke case for the iPhone 4. It's one of the thinner cases out there but the difference is that it has a slight lip around the screen so you can put the phone face down without ruining the screen :). And it has a soft touch coating like their Slider line.

IMO I've tried many cases and the Incase Snap on smoke color is my favorite.

3. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Good luck and definitely post what you buy.

I am on my third case and not really happy as selection is limited for the Verizon iPhone.

First Incipio NGP - did not fit well on the volume buttons and rubbed against the mute switch. This case also made it difficult to remove from and place in your pocket, but not as much as my current Case Mate POP!.
    Next Incipio duroSHOT DRX - glue that held the two materials of the case together failed after a month. Did not rub against the mute switch, but did not fit well around the volume buttons and collected alot of debris.
    Currently Case Mate POP! - fits very well and was made to fit both versions of the iPhone. But the silicone used is very sticky therefore making the iPhone difficult to remove from or place in my pocket. Also the back is glossy plastic rather than soft touch and the silicone tends to peel.

Also I tried a switcheasy capsulerebel that was my friend's. It did not fit around the mute switch, but I believe they offer one which does now. I just found the case to be ugly like most of the switcheasy cases. The materials seemed nice quality though.

4. ohkuipo thread starter macrumors member

No luck so far. :( Does anybody happen to have a link to a list of general Verizon iPhone cases, and possibly reviews?

The PixelSkin claims to be "universal", but I tried another cover designed for the AT&T iPhone on my Verizon phone, and the switch/buttons didn't line up nearly enough for me to consider it. :(

5. tophat1 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Belkin has a really simple black silicone case for about $20

6. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

This, the incase snap is great. I have it in smoke :D