Simple Speakers for Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Thiol, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Hi all. I'm trying to find a good set of (small desktop) speakers like look nice next an Apple Cinema Display. There seem to be too many choices out there, so I was hoping those happy with some would be able to make some recommendations. Thanks!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Pure ascetic wise....

Altec Lansing FX6021...

3. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

4. MacBass macrumors 6502

MacBass

I've got a pretty nice set of Klipsch 2.1 that are pretty reasonably priced, plus an additional stereo RCA audio input, as well as the standard stereo mini 1/8" jack.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

As stated, the AL FX6021 and they sounds remarkable. If you're looking for something even smaller, I would get the Bose Music Monitors. They're $400, twice as much as the 6021s, but they're small. I have them next to my 30" ACD. The only thing I wish for is that they slid under the ACD. That'd be awesome.

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

indeed! ;)

http://*************/mymac/MacPro.jpg

7. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

seconded ,for looks .... although they are a bit over priced imo ...I have some Bose 5.1 surround speakers that I use with my computer ( had them ages) but in all honesty they are a bit too expensive for the performance.

To the OP ...it depends what you want out of the speakers really , what sort of music you listen too etc ......give a little more info on that side and I'm sure 'fans' of a particular set up / sound will chime in .

8. Thiol thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thiol

The speakers won't really be used for music. Mostly video conferencing, recorded lectures, etc. No audiophile here. The Altec does look nice, but I'm thinking that a subwoofer is overkill...

9. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

whatever takes your fancy then , just get something you see that you like , as long as it doesn't cost too much ....pay for the good stuff and don't fall into the trap that I did by buying Bose :)

10. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I have the same monitor stand, and I love mine :) I like the high setting, it frees up space on my desk underneath it.

As far as speakers go, you can't go too wrong these days as long as you spend more than $20-30 IMO. Altec lansing and Logitech have some good sounding speakers for reasonable prices.
    These compliment an ACD nicely, and have good reviews from amazon.
    Altec Lansing FX4021
    Logitech Z4

For $250, you can buy a much nicer set of speakers w/a smaller sub.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yeah, you can get the Altecs for $150 occasionally. They are overpriced, but remember, I said for looks...