Simple stereo mix from Soundtrack Pro 2

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by DrRock, Sep 7, 2010.

1. DrRock macrumors regular

I know this is a ridiculous question, but can anyone help me get a simple, stereo mix of exactly what's in my timeline in Soundtrack Pro 2? The export function doesn't seem to let me do a basic 2 track mixdown.

I did some research, and I changed the default settings from surround to stereo on my submixes, but honestly I don't know if I did that right.

My mixes are coming out with pieces of audio missing, others out of place in the timeline, etc. I just want a basic stereo mix of of the tracks as mixed in the program.

I'm an old school audio guy, and I guess I figured there would be a function for this, but I can't get it right. I know in Soundtrack Pro 1, there was a simple export as mix function or something, but this doesn't appear to be an option in SP2. Thanks!

2. dwboston macrumors newbie

Same problem in Soundtrack 3

I'm having the same challenge in Soundtrack Pro 3. I it occasionally to do simple three channel mixes to stereo, but since updating the software all my project start in the default mode of surround sound and when I export the mix, it exports all the surround sound channels. A default stereo mix doesn't seem to be anywhere in the preferences and Apple's manual is not very helpful on this. Anyone know how to set the project to a simple stereo mix?