Simple Yes or No: Highpoint Rocketraid 2314 & 10.7??

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by slughead, Jul 24, 2011.

1. slughead macrumors 68040

slughead

I've been happily enjoying for the 4th straight year my wonderful RocketRaid 2314 external SATA controller, currently running beautifully on 10.6. I emailed Highpoint but their support is kind of slow, especially on the weekend. Plus, these old products are usually unsupported (supposedly this thing wasn't supposed to work on 10.6).

I just want to know if the thing is going to work 1) Allow my drives to read and write with no additional problems. I don't use the "hardware" RAID, just straight-mount the things 2) Rocketraid Webserver + Email notifications.

I suppose the webserver is the sticky point. I really need that thing as it's saved my bacon a couple times, emailing me when my drives are about to fail and allowing hot-swap. I'm sure the driver still works fine, the webserver could be the problematic point.

The card was cheap so I don't mind having to replace it, but I'd really rather not.

2. flatfoot macrumors 65816

According to this document the drivers for the RR2314 are integrated into Lion. No idea about the web interface but I believe when the drivers are there the web interface will work, too.

I hope it will work as advertised since I use the same controller. Just like you, I don't use its RAID function but use Disk Utility to create my external RAIDs.

BTW: The RR2314 was supposed to work in 10.6; they released new drivers back then.