Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Sorry if this has been discussed before, couldn't find it in a search.

I was psyched to get Auxo when I jailbroke my device for the first time but I'm now realizing that for me, most of the tweak is useless for my uses. The music page offers no real improvement over the current one, the toggles page is useless to me as I use NCSettings. As for the switcher itself, it's slow to load and having screenshots of the apps doesn't really help. And the tweak seems to be a memory hog.

However, Auxo does have one feature that makes it worth keeping, and that's the fact that you can delete all your running apps at once. I was wondering if there are any iOS 6 compatible tweaks that essentially keep the old stock Apple switcher, while incorporating the ability to clear all apps at once? Thanks!

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
Sorry if this has been discussed before, couldn't find it in a search.

I was psyched to get Auxo when I jailbroke my device for the first time but I'm now realizing that for me, most of the tweak is useless for my uses. The music page offers no real improvement over the current one, the toggles page is useless to me as I use NCSettings. As for the switcher itself, it's slow to load and having screenshots of the apps doesn't really help. And the tweak seems to be a memory hog.

However, Auxo does have one feature that makes it worth keeping, and that's the fact that you can delete all your running apps at once. I was wondering if there are any iOS 6 compatible tweaks that essentially keep the old stock Apple switcher, while incorporating the ability to clear all apps at once? Thanks!

Its called "KillBackground". Like my post if you find this tweak useful!

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions, great stuff :) Why Apple can't do some of this stuff I'll never know.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
You could also try Remove Recents and Remove Background. Lol many options for this sort of thing. Just depends on whether you want a notification center addon, a kill button in the task switcher, use an activator action, or have it be automated. I prefer an activator action so I use Remove Background. I think Remove Recents is automatic. I can't remember exactly. Either way, you have many different ways to implement this feature you seek.

dapitts08

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2009
you also may want to pair switchy with weekillbackground....

switchy offers two rows of apps in the switcher...

corey407woc

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
SwitcherCleaner. go into settings and disable show redbox and there ya go. and its free

thank me later

gSOLO

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I use SwipeAway, iOS6 compatible. Swipe up on an individual app to kill it. Swipe down to kill all apps. The swiping direction is configurable.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Its called "KillBackground". Like my post if you find this tweak useful!

I second this. If all you want to do is kill all apps this is simple and effective. Kinda has an ugly stock icon but I changed it to a simple red/white x.

Attachments

• Photo Feb 19, 10 52 17 AM.png
    Photo Feb 19, 10 52 17 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 112

y0m0uth

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2008
sorry to hijack the op thread but anyone know if there's a tweak that lets up swipe down to kill individual apps like auxo?

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Thanks for all the great suggestions, "Kill Background" and "Switchy" fit my needs perfectly :)

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
sorry to hijack the op thread but anyone know if there's a tweak that lets up swipe down to kill individual apps like auxo?

Someone earlier in this thread suggested a tweak called SwipeAway. I'm using it now and it works nicely.

I use SwipeAway, iOS6 compatible. Swipe up on an individual app to kill it. Swipe down to kill all apps. The swiping direction is configurable.

If you do try it out I have a suggestion though. If you're using the slide down motion make sure to start your swipe from the top of the app symbol in the multitasking bar. If you don't start from the top it won't register correctly.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I second this. If all you want to do is kill all apps this is simple and effective. Kinda has an ugly stock icon but I changed it to a simple red/white x.

Can you please tell me where in iFile you found the icon so that I can change it?

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
you also may want to pair switchy with weekillbackground....

switchy offers two rows of apps in the switcher...

Thanks for suggesting switchy. Definitely more usable than Auxo. As pretty as it is, the app previews actually make it less efficient to recognize running apps for me. The rest I don't even use.

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
+1 for SwitcherCleaner! It can be configured so a short hold on any icon in the switcher will close all apps.

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, after a few days with Auxo, I'm finding its more overkill than I really need. I like to keep my phone running light & fast.

I moved onto NCsettings for toggles, and SwitcherCleaner for the switchboard.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah, after a few days with Auxo, I'm finding its more overkill than I really need. I like to keep my phone running light & fast.

I moved onto NCsettings for toggles, and SwitcherCleaner for the switchboard.

Same here except I use SwipeAway instead of SwitcherCleaner. I really like the gestures that Auxo used for closing apps.

jinkoh

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Thanks for this thread. Auxo's memory usage was causing it to kick apps out memory and I didn't even realize it.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Yeah, I think the supposed memory leak with Auxo is causing that.

Yep I just got back from the gym and I was getting furious because every time I switched my fitness app off I had to reboot it. I had a feeling it was Auxo and disabled it and none of my background apps were getting killed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.