Simpler setup thoughts....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kai.Def, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Kai.Def macrumors newbie

Kai.Def

Hi everyone,

I have been reading posts on this forum for donkeys & I have thouroughly enjoyed it so far. Nevertheless this is my first post so any comments are more than welcome :apple:

I am seriously contemplating of selling up most of my apple gear (mac pro 2008 2.8ghz 10gb of ram, macbook pro 13' 2.26ghz 4gb ram, cinemadisplay 20', ipad 1st gen 64gb) to get the new MBP 15' 128 ssd, 2.3 sandy bridge & apples led CD to simplify my setup.

There is really nothing wrong with my current setup & I am well aware of the advantages of the Mac Pro.... however have I really made use of them to its full extent?; well, erhm no, will I need extra graphic card capacity, Ram, HD upgrades; possibly

I am thinking of going with the min ssd option because its great value for money; eventually removing the optical drive & having another hd for space...

My main uses are audio & a little video....

Any thoughts?

regards
    Kai

2. axu539 macrumors 6502a

Based on your current setup, it would probably JUST cover the cost of a new MBP and cinema display, so keep that in mind. Also, make sure you can do without something mobile, as the MBP 15" is SIGNIFICANTLY more of a hassle to carry around than a MacBook Pro 13" or an iPad.

3. Kai.Def thread starter macrumors newbie

Kai.Def

cheers dude, I am aware of the mobility aspect however its still a load easier setup overall...

4. axu539 macrumors 6502a

Is there a reason you want to make this change? It seems as if your setup is working just fine, and that you only want to "simplify" as an excuse to go for an upgrade. Now I'm not calling you out or anything, as I do that kind of thing all the time. Just keep in mind, that you're going to have to change your entire workflow if you do simplify.