Simplify Media and external hard drives

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by downingp, Aug 16, 2008.

1. downingp macrumors 6502a

For those of you, like me, that store their music on an external hard drive, how is Simplify Media working out for you? Does your external hard drive go to sleep after a period of inactivity? If it does go to sleep, do you lose your music on your iPhone or second computer?

2. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I have my music on my external hardrive, and so far have not had any problems. My music always appears on my iPhone! (The only time it didn't was when I accidentally turned SimplifyMedia off).

3. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does your external hard drive ever go to sleep? If it does, will accessing simplify on your iPhone wake it up?

4. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Why is your hard drive going to sleep?

I use external hard drives all the time and I am having trouble understanding your issue.

My library is on an external hard drive. Even if the hard drive did go to sleep, once the computer tries to access it again it should wake up.

How do you make your hard drive active again when you are using your computer?

Normal behavior is for the hard drive to respond to access and spin up.

5. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not exactly sure what the problem was, but it seems to be working really well now.

great little program

6. atomic76 macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

Do you see your playlists when using an external HD?
    I only see my entire music library.

I'm only able to see the playlists when I use the music folder on the computer!

Any clue?!

Thank you!