Simplify Media still working for anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sandman42, Jun 24, 2010.

1. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I know that Simplify Media pulled their apps from the app store a while back and they said it would still be supported for a while, but now it's not working for me anymore. Is it working for anyone else?

The app launches ok on my phone (under iOS4), but doesn't get past "Connecting to Libraries...". I check the application on my computer and it says, "Initializing...". Restarted the application (on the computer) a couple times, no help. I think it worked ok after I upgraded to iTunes 9.2, but I'm not sure (I don't use Simplify every day). Could be that the 9.2 library update killed it, but if it did I would expect an error message of some kind from the application.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Think they said they were killing it a few months ago. Not just the apps, but the service. Not sure what date they gave.

3. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Maybe there winding down service, there shutting down servers June 30th.

4. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I know this doesn't help any, but mine was working through this past weekend.

I'll try again after work and let you know. It really bummed me out because it has been an excellent app for the whole time I've used it.

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

6. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Just tried it now. No dice. Oh well, nice of Google to find yet one extra way of screwing over their old partner, Apple.

I guess it doesn't matter, since the last binary isn't 4.0 ready, so it's not like we'd be able to multitask this app with others and let it stream in the background.