SimplifyMedia

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ibookowner2, Jul 17, 2007.

1. ibookowner2 macrumors regular

ibookowner2

I found out about this great little app (http://www.SimplifyMedia.com) on Cnet and at first it was really working great. But now it dosent load all of the songs from connected itunes users. Is anyone else having these problems?

2. afornander macrumors 6502

i have been using it for a few days at this point. i have also been having a few problems. for example, i have 2 of every song in my library. as for you, check were simplifymedia is getting all of your music. if you have it in diffrent places on your hard drive. also, try going to [advanced]-[consolidate] in itunes, this will put all of your music in your music folder.

3. SimplifyMedia macrumors newbie

We saw the thread and wanted to add a little information. Thanks for trying out our software. Feedback like this is helpful as this is our first public beta release.

Duplicates are common, but this is usually due to iTunes making copies in other locations as part of sync, backup or the "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" advanced preference. Most people don’t notice this because only one copy shows up in your local library in iTunes. We share all files in the folders you designate, and if there are duplicates, we will display them.

If songs that you expect to be shared do not appear, it might be a few things. Simplify Media does not automatically share the contents of your iTunes library. Instead, it shares all the files in the folders you pick at install (default is your Music folder). Note it takes several minutes after install or a new connection for us to load the index of all the songs being shared. We filter out certain file types like wav, vorbis and flac. For songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store, we only display them if you are logged in with the same Simplify Media screen name on both machines.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, or if you have any questions or suggestions, please email us at support at simplifymedia.

Bill Bradford, co-founder, Simplify Media

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Do you guys want to post your Username so we can connect to each other and test it out. Mine will be JTaylor2D.

jon

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Woah this looks cool, I'm so downloading this!

My username will be KillyP if anybody wants to add me. At present, I'm on my dad's MacBook (don't have MacBook Pro at the moment) so don't have all my library (38 songs woooo!)

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Talk about being pretty simple. I got KillyP up on my machine, works like a champ.

Beware when you add me, I have about 6,000 songs, might bog the program down for a minute.

jon

7. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Okay I have a suggestion for this App (I love it already):

There should be some sort of 'comment' thing, so one user can send a comment to another, or a message or something, with each user having their own Inbox. Nothing fancy, but I've already wanted to contact other users about their music etc...