Simply Ac3 To Mp3 Or Mp4???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by billmister, Nov 4, 2007.

1. billmister macrumors 6502

Hey everyone. I have searched around the forum and have found many threads on convertings mp3's to or from wav, etc... I've downoaded handbrake, and other programs, and since i'm used to appzapper, i just purchased appzapper because i don't want any traces of those apps on my computer to take up space.

Anyway: I have my ipod that i listen to EVERY day on my way to work. usually my playlists and mostly podcast music. Since my car doesn't read dvd movies, just navigation dvd, i don't get to listen to my favorite dj tiesto in concert dvd anymore. My old car i had a dvd player and would play it, now i can't.

So i wanted to rip the MUSIC into my ipod so that i can hear it in my car. I purchased my dj tiesto dvd's.

Anyway I used a program called OSEx 0.011a1 and ripped all the sound from my dvd into AC3 format. NOW i JUST WANT TO PUT IT INTO MP3 OR MP4. Is there a free software out there that can do this???

I played around with my toast program (purchased this from apple store to burn music, pics, data, etc.. of which i own). And when i used a make cd option, and transferred 1 ac3 file, i was able to preview it in toast.

I just want to be able to hear the sound on my ipod, can someone please help me, or give me a easier way of going about this?.. I have 2 of dj tiesto's cd's but 1 is my favorite, i would really like to be able to hear it in my car.

Thanks

PS-Reason why i'm looking for a freeware software is because i only want to back up my 1 or 2 concert dvd into my ipod.. I rarely ever get concert dvd.

2. billmister thread starter macrumors 6502

3. billmister thread starter macrumors 6502

ok maybe this would be a possibility.

Take my dvd and take the sound and put it into my ipod... THat's really what i want to do... IF converting the dvd to ac3, then to mp3 is to much of a hassle, is there a software than can just take the sound of the dvd and convert it so that i can put it in my ipod so i can hear it on my way to work, and weekends?... Because i don't want the video to be playing, that will drain my ipod battery, and i don't have a car charger.

Come on, someone must know

4. billmister thread starter macrumors 6502

ok after reading and reading i finally got it to work.

What did was Install MTR 2.6 and under mode i selected title- chapter extraction. Then i clicked the "D" and then stream and unchecked the video and just left the check marc on the AC3 then i clicked go. Once that was done, i clicked where it said Schapter 1 and clicked the down arrow to select chapter 2, and then go, and the same for 3, 4, etc..

I was left with folders labled chapters _ So then i installed MPEG Streamclick and uploaded one and clicked File>Export to Mp4. And walla... I had my music, then transfered it to itunes, and put it into my ipod!!! YES!!!

Thanks everyone, hope this helped.

BTW i used MAC3dec, but for some reason it was not allowing me to change the AC3

5. billmister thread starter macrumors 6502

ok tried it and it didn't work as well. The only thing that converted was te first track (chapter) Everything else just doesn't let me convert. Weird. Anyway i'm going to try to transfer the mp4 i converted the dvd from, and import it to imovie, and then split clips to creat chapters, and then extract audio, and then share to ipod. hope this works.

6. KYUSS123 macrumors member

i know this is a dead thread but....

i have used MPEG Streamclip to convert .ac3 to .m4a

it works great.