iPad Pro Simply floored by the 9.7 Pro WiFi Range

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheRealAlex, Jul 6, 2016.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

currently near a Barnes and Noble and I am a good 20 meters from them at a cafe and im getting Full WiFi not sure how the antennas are reconfigured on the 9.7 Pro but wow. Also have LTE and the 9.7 Pro uses LTE Advanced. But back to WiFi even my cellphone can't pick up the WiFi signal nor can my gfs iPhone 6s.

I was going through Ifixit and they noted about halfway on the right some new Antenna connectors they had never seen before

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad+Pro+9.7-Inch+Teardown/60939

Also the 9.7 Pro is the first iPad to ditch that white plastic antenna portion on the backs of most iPads. My guess is the engineers found a better way.

2. G4DPII macrumors regular

G4DPII

Is 20m considered good in the USA? With modern routers you should get a decent signal upto 100m.

3. TheRealAlex thread starter macrumors 65816

Probably not but as you may or may not know stores like to limit their wifi to inside only the fact that my 9.7 Pro was crushing reception so far away and out side was shocking. My Samsung Note 5 could not get the signal even standing up. And my gf iPhone 6s could not get it either.

Also of Note at home I age my 2.4Ghz radio off I have 2 radios running off My Dlink both channels at 5Ghz I have no 2.4Ghz devices even so 2.4Ghz is disabled and all my At&t Uverse tv boxes are hard wired.

Even at home I am impress by everything loading and streaming instantaneously. My guess is the iPad Pro 9.7 has Tripple Radios 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz X2 or something or Quad antennas