Simply Mac and buying

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, Feb 4, 2010.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

So I am either going to purchase an Alienware MX11 or 13" MBP 2.5

however, the refresh cycle is completely in the air as apple doesn't seem to stay on "track" or as predictable as it once was. The people at simply mac said not to expect any form of refresh unroll end of summer. Considering all things going on with apple... I suppose that's not a bad assumption since that is when the last major update was made.

Has anyone done the trade in program with simply mac? I am in need of a laptop and I can't wait till summer. I suppose I could always just trade it in and get my 50%+ trade in value.

Is flash still bad on the mbps?

2. Sinan macrumors newbie

Theres a beta of flash that uses the gpu to decode it, 10.1 or something and that improves it alot.

3. moocat macrumors member

I would wait - simply mac has an interest in getting your trade in and selling you another one. Obviously don't take what they say seriously - no other sellers are able to give any info about an update.. I don't see why simply mac would be in any better position.

4. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

get the mac... most alienwares run really hot... I am not sure about this particular model. The battery life is usually not very good... and must i say... OS X

5. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

The MX11 I believe has 8 hour battery life. It is an 11" c2d with nvidia 335.

I honestly don't need a great gpu. I am using it for work, adobe programs for my web site and etc.

I need a laptop this month.