SimplyTweet 2.0 Working on Unlocked iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by theimacdude, Aug 6, 2009.

1. theimacdude macrumors member

theimacdude

Hey there.
    I heard push apps don't work on unlocked/jailbroke iPhones, so I set out to find a fix. I found something in Cydia called Push Fix. OK. So the only app I've found working was Fring with push.
    I tried Boxcar and it didn't work, so I wasted £2 On that :(
    Does anyone know if SimplyTweet will work with my unlocked iPhone? Has anyone tried it? I don't want to waste £3 (I thinks its £3) On an app that doesn't work.

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Push do indeed work on JB phones... As long as you don't hactivate the iPhone.

If you activate the phone properly you won't have any issues.

3. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I don't know where you heard that but I'm having no problem with my jailbroken 3GS and push notifications.

I use NotifyMe, Grip, BeeJiveIM, ToDo...all w/ push.

4. theimacdude thread starter macrumors member

theimacdude

What is hacktivated? Also your all saying you've jailbroke I've also unlocked if I didn't include that in the origional post also someone told me that boxcar, the app that wasn't working for me uses Aouth or something and aparany their still having trouble with it. I don't really know what it means if someone would care to explain

5. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Hactivated, is a method used to trick the iPhone to think it's been activated legitimately through iTunes and a local carrier that offers iphone services. example, you're not using an AT&T sim card to activate your phone when connected to iTunes.

This method prevents the phone from being registered with, for example, AT&T and thus, push services won't work, because there's no push servers out there that is aware of this phone's existence.

6. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

All that trouble for just 4.99$ ? :eek:

7. theimacdude thread starter macrumors member

theimacdude

so I'm on vodafone with my iPhone, that means I can't get push? Fring worked... And I have that push fix from cydia