Sims 2 Not working on Leopard MB

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by greentea123, Apr 12, 2008.

1. greentea123 macrumors newbie

I bought the game about mid december, but then april 12th I just decided to open the box and start to play. I am running leopard, and in installed it perfectly, it wouldnt open, so I download the patcher from december 2007, it doesnt work. So how can I get my game to work on leopard because I have all the expansions I bought for the game and it isnt working! I feel ripped off. Its suppose to be an easy task to play a game and i have been having nothing but problems. :mad:

I have Black Mb, 2.4ghz, 2bg, GMA x3100 video card, 250gb, and 10.5.2 :apple:

please i want to play sims, it work 100% perfectly on windows, its making macs looks like a worthless thing :eek::(

Attached Files:

2. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

It states that your video is not supported, which may be why it won't work. It's not an issue with Leopard, it's an issue with your MB's video graphics. Here is a link to someone who has a MB and was able to play Sims 2 using Windows on his MB. Perhaps you could look into installing a Windows partition like he did. Might want to PM him to see how he got it working? Good luck to you. I love Sims 2 also. :)

3. greentea123 thread starter macrumors newbie

But I dont own windows at all, and I have the mac version of the sims.

4. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

That bites. I don't know what else to tell you though. Try googling for others who have gotten the Mac version to run on a MB. Hope you find something.

5. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

Back when I had Tiger on my Rev. A BlackBook I could play The Sims 2 (Mac) fine... albeit with the occasional graphical hiccup. Since upgrading to Leopard I haven't tried it, but seeing as it worked with my GMA950 I assume it would run even better with the X3100.