Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

datura

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
I, like many others around here, have been waiting for months for the new iBooks. I've never owned an Apple computer before, so I'm pretty excited about it, however...

Will the new 12" iBook be able to run the Sims 2? I don't do a lot of gaming, but I would love to be able to play this one, and I was hoping that the iBook would update the video card with more memory... but it didn't, so uh, now I don't know. :confused:

So, what do y'all think?

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
hmm well i have the sims 2 for windows and it requires at least a 32mb card ATI radeon 7200 or above. So i dunno for sure about mac but if it did work then it would be pushing it big time!

datura

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
Thanks for your answer!

Can someone with an iBook please respond to me? Is there anyone here who has tried to run Sims 2 on an iBook?

obrien234

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2005
Brighton, MI
System requirements

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.8 or later
CPU Processor: PowerPC G4/G5
CPU Speed: 1.2GHz or faster
Memory: 256 MB or higher
Hard Disk Space: 3GB free disk space
Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9000 or better
Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX5200 or better
Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
Media Required: DVD Drive

That is quoted from Amazon.com for Sims 2 (Mac). The iBook runs off of a Radeon 9550. This puts you towards the bottom of the requirements, but it will still run, just make sure to throw loads of RAM in your iBook to make it run as smoothly as possible. I suggest http://www.dealram.com. They have the best deals I've been able to find.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.