Sims 2 Question

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by LeanneStewart, Dec 10, 2007.

1. LeanneStewart macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I have recently purchased a 2.0 core duo iMac with the ATI x1600 video card. I have been playing my game on a macbook, which doesn't have very good graphics. I want to keep the same game going when I begin playing on the iMac... how do I do this. Which files should I put on a disc and move to the iMac so that when I run the game on the new computer, my same characters and houses are there. Once I get the correct files on a disc, where do I put them on the new computer? Do I need to replace the new files with my old ones. Please help!

Thanks!
    Leanne

2. lisamcdee macrumors newbie

Do you mean the iMac with the ATI 2600 video card? If so, these iMacs cannot play the Sims 2 at this time. My understanding is that there is a fix in the new Bon Voyage expansion pack which is due out this week but, of course, this has not been tested.

When I have upgrade Macs I have transferred over my entire Sims 2 folder which has let me pick up my game from where I've lift off.

3. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

Also, I think movies you have recorded in game are stored in your user > documents folder. (There might be other important stuff in there you need to move as well). Just copy over this whole folder, as well as the folder that contains the game.

I'm pretty sure I had it playing on a x1600 Core 2 Duo iMac…

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

~/Documents/EA Games

There's were Sims 2's user space is. Just back up this folder. I've moved mine twice already. :D