Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvin

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
has anyone purchased this direct from EA and downloaded it? the standard version says it's for the PC platform....the collectors edition says it's PC/MAC compatable....any thoughts? i will be running it on OS X, and don't want to pay for the collector's edition.
has anyone done this?

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Have you tried Direct2Drive? They have the regular edition mac version. I believe either EA also owns and/or operates Direct2Drive.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I got it from Direct2Drive, though I accidentally pre-ordered the PC version. Though I was told they're interchangeable.

dvin

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
d2d works just fine....besides the 5GB download. also had to download adobe flash player 10...but looking forward to playing the game now.

gretafour

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2006
Rochester, NY
Has anyone managed to download the game and get it working in OS X? I'm considering doing so and I'd like to know if it will actually work!:D

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Has anyone managed to download the game and get it working in OS X? I'm considering doing so and I'd like to know if it will actually work!:D

I have. It runs great, despite a few small bugs that seem to be plaguing everyone regardless of system specs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.