Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

ericDylan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
i just got a 13 inch air and was wondering if it would be possible to put the sims 3 or civilization 5 on it. I have looked at the minimum requirements and it seems like i am almost there.

Any suggestion on other high quality games that are similar that would work if these do not?

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

What are the specs?
Check by:
Apple>about this Mac>more info

Comment

ericDylan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
1.86 GHz Core 2 Duo
2GB Ram

really the only problem i see is the processor, but i feel like at least the sims will work because i have used on a pc with only a slightly higher clock speed and much older generation.

Comment

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
I would suggest Civ 4 Colonization. It runs great on my Macbook Air i7 1,8 Ghz 4 GB Ram. Total War: Rome also works great on high settings. I think Civ 5 and Sims 3 will not run great on it. If you watch some Civ 5 gameplay videos (running on a Macbook Air 2011) on youtube. You will see the game doesn't run pretty well. If sometimes graphic stuttering doesn't bother you, go for Civ 5.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.