Sims 3 Settings?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ipodlover77, Aug 21, 2009.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

hey guys, just got sims 3. Running on the 13 inch mbp fairly well. a little too much stuttering for me though. My question is, to anyone who has this game, have you found the write settings where the game runs 100% smooth? I'll sacrifice graphics for smoothness. Wanted to know what the general consensus is for to game to get running really smooth. didnt want to just bring all my sliders down to a minimum without knowing what im doing haha.

btw, it seems as if when i play sims 3, the fan is on high rev, throughout the whole time. Lol, fan was on 7 hours straight (i know, crazy. i was excited LOL)

2. pacers721 macrumors member

I don't have your exact setup, so the best advice I can probably give you is to fool around w/ some of the settings and see how they affect performance. You can try changing the resolution, rendering levels, so forth... I have a 15' mbp w/ a GeForce 8600M GT 256MB. The game for me doesn't run perfectly smoothly, but by most standards it's fine.

my fan also goes crazy when I play, i wouldn't worry about it too much though