Simultaneous Voice/Data- from current Verizon User

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jason2811, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

I currently have an Android phone on Verizon which I love. Many people are complaining about the lack of simultaneous voice and data on CDMA phones on Verizon. I have never had a problem with this (probably because I keep my calls super short). However, what usually happens is that once I hang up from a call all the data will come through right away-- emails arrive, Gchats arrive, webpages finish loading. I am able to receive texts while I'm on a call though. Ultimately I think people are making a much bigger deal about this than it is.

Look at this iPhone 3GS ad from 2009, you will not be able to do this on the Verizon iPhone. But like I said, I don't think it's a big deal at all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWC8IzV9Pdo&feature=player_embedded

2. koilvr, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011

koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Seriously?

As in who cares if he does not need it or it's not an issue for him. Some want it.

3. Xian Zhu Xuande macrumors 6502a

Xian Zhu Xuande

What he says is accurate.

The only thing I'd add is that once you do use those features which require data during a phone call, and get used to them (especially with the elegant way iOS handles this type of scenario) it is very easy to miss when it is desired. On the flip-side, it is probably very easy to yawn off if it hasn't really been explored. To each their own.

4. NKT macrumors regular

Please also note, that this only affects you if there's no wifi in the area.

If you have wife access, you can indeed do both.

Just some helpful info ;)