Since 1.0.1 messages notifications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TRICKorDEVICE, May 23, 2015.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Alert on my iPhone, before the watch. Even though the iPhone is locked with the screen off.

Are we just waiting for a bug fix? It's quite annoying, it was working perfectly before.

Any fixes? I really don't want to have to unpair and repair the watch.

2. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

Try restarting both devices. I had a similar problem before and a restart fixed my problem.

3. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have restarted both devices earlier this morning. I guess I'll try it one more time. But it's not looking good.

4. papbot macrumors 6502

Don't do the un-pairing. I had done that when I first noticed the issue and today it started again. But I went to Settings/Notifications on the phone and turned off Messages. Waited about 40 seconds. Turned it back on and tested. The Messages started coming to the watch normally.

5. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, where did you turn off messages? In the Watch App or in iPhone settings, please give a bit more detail.

Thanks!

6. papbot macrumors 6502

On the phone. Settings/Notifications/Messages. Just toggle it off. Wait a minute and toggle it back on. That restored the proper function to my watch. Not the watch app. The main Settings for the phone.