Since 3D Touch is so rad, where would you like to see it implemented next?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by vertsix, Oct 16, 2015.

1. vertsix, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015

vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

I'm a little late to this, haha. But I still want to see responses.

Let me just say that 3D Touch is one of the best (and unique) features that Apple has added onto iOS 9 on the iPhone 6s (and probably any recent iPhone). I've recently gotten my hands on it, and it's absolutely amazing to use.

I love how it's integrated onto iOS apps so far (peek and pop for URL links, Messages, events, SpringBoard apps, etc.) and I'd love to see where Apple implements it next! I see that it has a huge potential in games.

Also, I should add that it's absolutely godly with reddit. Since reddit is basically just links, peek is unbelievably useful here. I love it.

So, what neat ideas do you have for 3D Touch that Apple should take a look at? Where do you want to see it next?

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Iphone rings with incoming call,

Caller ID shows number unfamiliar to me,

3D "peek" option to bring that unknown number up in a Safari Google search.

I can tell by the results if it's a spam call or not, release the "peek" and press to answer or block #.

Dream big. :cool:

3. GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

Peek into an email or message from notifications. Either banners, popups or the notification centre then pop into the app of it needs responding to right away.

4. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Control Center. 3D Touch on Wi-Fi toggle and get cellular options including cellular data on/off and personal hotspot on/off. 3D Touch Bluetooth, bring up your list of Bluetooth devices to quickly pair with. 3D Touch on "Do Not Disturb" and bring up something new like "Enable for..." And allow different amounts of time, like 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours or something. 3D Touch on portrait orientation lock and bring up the "counterpart" of that setting, mute/unmute. 3D Touch on the forward and back buttons with audio playback to fastforward or back up at varying speeds. 3D Touch on the play button to bring up music suggestions or something. Would be really cool.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Samsung S7. That way we know Apple has a useful feature. :D

6. vertsix thread starter macrumors 65816

vertsix

Never thought of these. Great ideas. This would be even more convenient than pressing and holding a certain toggle in Control Center and accessing its settings in Settings.

7. uhaas macrumors 6502

uhaas

Honestly, I was disappointed the iPad Pro doesn't have 3D Touch. Makes me think an iPad Pro 2 will, then I think, maybe I should wait. Same happened to Touch ID.

Apple should release these flagship features together. It would have been nice to have 3D Touch come out on the 6S and iPad Pro at the same time.

8. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Music.app for sure. I'd like to see it more widely implemented there so you don't have to tap the little dots for everything. 3D Touching a song should give you options to love, play next, etc.

9. flori13 macrumors member

flori13

i dont know how this would affect the whole OS, but hard swipe down instead of double-tapping the home button for bringing the display down would be neat.

10. Nalmond92 macrumors regular

3D Touch a folder to bring a list of apps in said folder press harder on one to open.

11. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't it make more sense to just make apps in a folder presented like quick actions? Then you could just drag over to the app and let go.

12. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816