Since 4S is now jailbroken...do we get Siri on previous IDevices?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Alveezy, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Alveezy macrumors regular

I've read an article awhile ago about getting Siri to work on previous iDevices from the 4S once a jailbreak has been made for it. So there should be no use for "Spire" or Paid/Custom Proxies and 4S tokens. Can someone explain how this will work? is there a certain file that we need from a 4S(aside from tokens) to have it fully working without token/proxy hassles?

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

they've had the files for quite a long time - that's not the issue... as far as I know you have to have a proxy because it only authenticates on 4S's - you can fake a 4S but then you are directly using Apple's servers in a fashion that they'd undoubtedly see as illegal.

Are people still really interested in Siri as something more than a gimmick? Seems like at least some of the interest and momentum has fizzled.

Cheers,
    Brian

3. Itsyaboy macrumors newbie

Siri

No Siri is not just a gimmick it's really usefull especially now that u can add new commands plus the hands free tweak it's a time save for reminders alarms text etc the hands free tweak is really cool I was in the shower and didint have to touch my phone, all I had to do is say "Siri" and it activates and I listened and replied to a text it felt really futuristic I think but the possibilities can only get better

4. PhazeII macrumors member

@ Arisian

I don't think people care too much about being legal or not. I don't really think Apple would go legally after ONE individual what other consequences would there be if you faked the ip4 as a 4s with apple?

I mean what could Apple technically do?? (not legally)