Since apple didnt bring anything new to the table..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TSX, Apr 8, 2010.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Since apple didn't bring anything new to the table with 4.0, that the other "phones" don't already have; They better throw a dual core in the new iPhone to get ahead of the competition.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

They'll get right on that for you.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. Khryz macrumors 6502a

5. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Maybe they can just integrate a solar panel to the screen. lol

But if they used an oled screen, would that save battery life over a regular lcd?

It looks like over the last year all apple products that use batteries have had an increase in battery life, maybe they're using new tech.?

6. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

I know I know, i just hope apple will step it up this June/July that will blow us away. (and not with exploding iPhones :))

Isn't there a phone right now that uses a mobile dual core? maybe nokia?

7. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

God dual core integrated to not straight up destroy a battery would be sick.

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Why do you want dual core on a phone anyway? If what you want is specs you're using the wrong platform. The iPhone will never be the best in specs.

9. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Just put this baby in:

http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-a/cortex-a9.php

The Cortex-A9 MPCore Multicore Processor

The Cortex-A9 MPCore multicore processor integrates the proven and highly successful ARM MPCore technology along with further enhancements to simplify and broaden the adoption of multicore solutions. The Cortex-A9 MPCore processor provides the ability to extend peak performance to unprecedented levels while also supporting design flexibility and new features to further reduce and control the power consumption at the processor and system level. Targeted implementations of the Cortex-A9 MPCore processor can also offer mobile devices increased peak performance over today’s solutions by utilizing the design flexibility and advanced power management techniques offered by the ARM MPCore technology to maintain operation within thermally constrained and the tight mobile power budgets. Using the scalable peak performance, this processor is able to exceed the performance of today’s comparable high performance embedded devices and brings a consistent software investment over an extended breadth of markets.

10. str1f3 macrumors 68000

It doesn't matter what the specs are. What matters is if the phone satisfies your needs. Right now I think RAM may be more important than a dual core processor. From all reports the A4 is really fast.

11. Pared macrumors 65816

12. Gurtz macrumors member

I assume you were joking, but Apple has a patent for that.

13. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

what about game center? there's nothing like that on any phone on the market.

14. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

15. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

I agree more RAM would be nice, but a dual core would mean twice the RAM, because the RAM is built-in/layered with the processor to conserve energy.

Thank you for reading

WOW