Since Apple took away the dock to make the phone cheaper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michael CM1, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Why does it still come with the USB power adapter? I now have two of those, one from my iPod, another from my first gen iPhone, so having a third one is something I won't need whenever I get the new phone. Why not sell the phone for $179 and take out the power adapter? Shoot, while we're at it, take out the headphones and then you can charge $149. :)

2. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Have you ever bought a phone that doesn't come with a way to power it? I think you'd be a bit miffed!

3. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

Sell a cell phone that doesn't come with a charger? That sounds brilliant. :rolleyes:

Not everyone has an iPod or iPhone. If one of those people buys an iPhone now, they need a charger too.

Removing the dock from the deal is the same thing they did with the iPod.

4. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

They have eliminate the dock, you still get the charger, and cable to plug directly into the phone. It's no big deal and I have gone through three docks because during sync I get an error message that says "timed out". The guy at the Apple store that exchanged it said they had a few people with the same problem. I always plug my cable directly into the phone when syncing and use the dock when charging.

5. umgolfer macrumors regular

The dock sucks anyways because any case that I've looked at does not really allow you to dock the iPhone. My old 3G iPod dock would work except that it is not compatible with the iPhone (so it says everytime I plug it in). I would like the power adapter though since I can now leave one at home, one at work.