Since Apple Will Release A Firmware Update For Reception...Long Wait For JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Neverbepeace, Jul 2, 2010.

  1. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

    Neverbepeace

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2009
    Location:
    New York
    #1
    Since apple is coming out in a few weeks with a fix for the reception issues.....does that mean a few more weeks until JB now? Do the devs have to wait until this firmware is released so they could JB? Would they release a JB knowing there is another update due in a few weeks?
     
  2. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2010
    #2
    they would most likely wait till after the update before releasing anything
     
  3. Krafty macrumors 601

    Krafty

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    Location:
    La La Land
    #3
    There's no point in waiting, the fix is only goin to change the way the signal bars are displayed, nothing major.
     
  4. ulbador macrumors 68000

    ulbador

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2010
    #4
    Well, it is worth waiting if it means that Apple won't be able to patch the jailbreak hole.
     
  5. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

    ToroidalZeus

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2009
    #5
    only if the reception fix also patches some know to the scene and apple but unknown to us exploit.
     
  6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #6
    They will probably wait for 4.0.1 or something.
    I believe Apple with issue an update very soon.
     
  7. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

    cobaltrich27

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2009
    Location:
    D/FW TX
    #7
    Yes I agree was hoping a FW Update would come fast so we can hold off on jailbreak untill after the newer firmware is released.

    Im sure there will also be other minor bug fixes not mentioned that will be included with this update.

    Like my wife's iPhone 4 vibrating for about 20minutes non stop right after we first got it. I called hers with mine and that stopped it from vibrating LOL hasnt done it since. I think this is good news IMO :D
     
  8. The Highlander macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2009
    #8
    Did this happen with 3.0?

    I mean.. we were able to jail break.. 3.0-3.1.2 w/o a single issue...

    no one bothered with 3.1.3 as there was nothing that good anyways...

    an update to 4.0 snowbreeze was possible...

    So why wait? it has been this same way anyways... They patched things with a new bootrom later on in the game... Not at the begining. It still takes them a whole while deal with their software stages. It's not like they can go back after the software is almost Gold Master and repatch everything. They would have to wait a huge cylce internally...

    I'd say they should release it anyways and not because I want it, but because I believe it's the same thing anyways.

    I am sure they will release something this week and I am SURE they will not hold the release of 4.0.1 or 4.1 just because the jailbreak is out.
     
  9. labman macrumors 604

    labman

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    Mich near Detroit
    #9
    but the bottom line none of us know if when. the next jailbreak willl be released or who will release it 1st. it's all a guess.
     
  10. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2008
    #10
    That might be all that apple is telling you their doing, doesnt mean they will put something else in the update that might fix the real problem.
     
  11. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2008
    Location:
    Carlisle, UK
    #11
    Im not saying you're wrong here but why would they do that? Surely it would be better to say that they're putting a fix for the reception problem if that's what they're doing than to say they're just putting in a cosmetic change after what they said in their official statement.
     
  12. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2009
    #12
    I think they are waiting for apple to release the update first. No need to put out a jailbreak and then all the hard work is patched by apple within a few days.

    Just like they waited for 4.0 instead of releasing 3.1.3
     
  13. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2010
    #13
    I think they are waiting for 4.0 to be released to the ipad before releasing anything
     
  14. badgerman macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2008
    #14
    i really hope not, cant wait till Nov!!
     
  15. alex1089 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2010
    #15
    I think they'll actually begin packaging the jailbreak as soon as they have an unlock for iPhone 4. And then release both. But that's after the antenna update comes out.
     

Share This Page