Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lina231

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Trouble with updating apps such as iMovie. It wanted to update yesterday and it was like glitching while it was downloading. Then It said that it successfully downloaded. Then I went into the app store and looked at "purchases" and it said that it didn't download. Well no I'm downloading it...again...and it is going incredibly slow.

Also, when I go to my App store it says that it's not updating...but it is. So I have no idea what the issue is or why it would be doing that. Ive restarted my computer and everything.

My MBA is a late 2013 13' i5. So its brand new. It worries me that it has slowed down so much.

MPclk2006

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Texas
Have not tried downloading any apps but have not had any issues with OS X Mavericks unlike IOS 7 which is full of glitches and annoyances...

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
It's saying that it is downloading now, but it is incredibly slow...

Yeah, this has a lot less to do with mavericks being installed on your Mac, and more to do with EVERYONE hitting the app store and Apple's servers right now for everything from iOS 7.0.3, to the new iWork/iLife apps, to downloading a 5GB Mavericks install...

I would give it another day or two if you're still having trouble.

lina231

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Yeah, this has a lot less to do with mavericks being installed on your Mac, and more to do with EVERYONE hitting the app store and Apple's servers right now for everything from iOS 7.0.3, to the new iWork/iLife apps, to downloading a 5GB Mavericks install...

I would give it another day or two if you're still having trouble.

Yeah I agree with that, it finally downloaded. It took forever but at least its out of the way. The one thing that I found extremely weird this morning is that I plugged it in this morning (like I always do, because I refuse to charge it over night), is that I left it on the charger for about 45 minutes and when I opened it up it said that it was only 16% charged. After about three minutes it jumped up to 57%. Is that normal? It has never done this to me before, so I don't think that it is really a cause for concern...yet....

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
The one thing that I found extremely weird this morning is that I plugged it in this morning (like I always do, because I refuse to charge it over night), is that I left it on the charger for about 45 minutes and when I opened it up it said that it was only 16% charged. After about three minutes it jumped up to 57%. Is that normal? It has never done this to me before, so I don't think that it is really a cause for concern...yet....

Hard to say. A lot of different things could cause this. All I could say is, keep using the battery and see if you notice any difference in battery life or behavior. From what everyone is saying, you should be getting at least slightly longer battery life from Mavericks, caused by improved power management.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.