Since I can't Choose XP from Option Start Up, where is the Boot Camp Control panel?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Dohbrain, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Dohbrain macrumors newbie

Dohbrain

Since there is the major bug where you can't select your Boot OS from option start up, where is the Boot Camp System Tray, I can't find and I'll need it to jump in between OS's.

Thanks.

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

system preferences > startup disk > select the one you want

3. Dohbrain thread starter macrumors newbie

Dohbrain

I know where it is on a Mac, I'm not thick, I'm asking where it is on Windows, sorry if I didn't specify which OS.

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

It should be in the bottom right hand corner & looks like a little grey diamond

Oh and what's the bug?

5. Dohbrain thread starter macrumors newbie

Dohbrain

Oh, Ok thanks I'll try that.

I think a lot of people on MacBooks have a problem where they can't see the Windows partition when you hold down Option when starting up. It's certainly happened to me. So I needed to find the Boot Camp on windows.
    If you know if there is a way to fix it that would be helpful, I actually just googled the problem.

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

The only thing i know ( SR ) is if the partition is FAT32 changing it to NTFS will work

7. Dohbrain thread starter macrumors newbie

Dohbrain

I found it, Thanks, I'm actually on Windows now,

Thanks again, Bye.

8. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

what the diamond icon ?

9. Dohbrain thread starter macrumors newbie

Dohbrain

Yeah I can't really be bothered, plus I can write my files from my Mac if its FAT which is handy, Does the bug only affect FAT32, I don't know much but all I've heard is that is only happens on MacBook and which FAT. It might happen on other Apples.

10. Dohbrain thread starter macrumors newbie

Dohbrain

Yeah I found the diamond icon. It doesn't come up on a search, which is a bit odd. Anyway must fly, its 11.30pm, and I'm not a morning person.

11. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Ive not heard it coming from anyone with a NTFS partition,personally id change the partition to NTFS and use MacFuse to r/w to NTFS
    volumes as FAT32 is a old file system plus your limited to 4GB file transfer size