Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dohbrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Since there is the major bug where you can't select your Boot OS from option start up, where is the Boot Camp System Tray, I can't find and I'll need it to jump in between OS's.

Thanks.

Dohbrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I know where it is on a Mac, I'm not thick, I'm asking where it is on Windows, sorry if I didn't specify which OS.

Dohbrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Oh, Ok thanks I'll try that.

I think a lot of people on MacBooks have a problem where they can't see the Windows partition when you hold down Option when starting up. It's certainly happened to me. So I needed to find the Boot Camp on windows.
If you know if there is a way to fix it that would be helpful, I actually just googled the problem.

Neil321

macrumors 68040
Oh, Ok thanks I'll try that.

I think a lot of people on MacBooks have a problem where they can't see the Windows partition when you hold down Option when starting up. It's certainly happened to me. So I needed to find the Boot Camp on windows.
If you know if there is a way to fix it that would be helpful, I actually just googled the problem.

The only thing i know ( SR ) is if the partition is FAT32 changing it to NTFS will work

Dohbrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I found it, Thanks, I'm actually on Windows now,

Thanks again, Bye.

Dohbrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
The only thing i know ( SR ) is if the partition is FAT32 changing it to NTFS will work

Yeah I can't really be bothered, plus I can write my files from my Mac if its FAT which is handy, Does the bug only affect FAT32, I don't know much but all I've heard is that is only happens on MacBook and which FAT. It might happen on other Apples.

Dohbrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Yeah I found the diamond icon. It doesn't come up on a search, which is a bit odd. Anyway must fly, its 11.30pm, and I'm not a morning person.

Neil321

macrumors 68040
Yeah I can't really be bothered, plus I can write my files from my Mac if its FAT which is handy, Does the bug only affect FAT32, I don't know much but all I've heard is that is only happens on MacBook and which FAT. It might happen on other Apples.

Ive not heard it coming from anyone with a NTFS partition,personally id change the partition to NTFS and use MacFuse to r/w to NTFS
volumes as FAT32 is a old file system plus your limited to 4GB file transfer size

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.