Since iPad orders are pushed back, anyone going to eBay an extra iPad??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MikeCase, Apr 2, 2010.

1. MikeCase macrumors member

MikeCase

I checked MRoogle and a similar post was late March. It was said in the post that it wouldn't go well on eBay since anyone can preorder and they weren't pushed back.

Since the preorders are pushed back, is anyone going to pick up an extra and try to eBay it? I reserved one at a Mall (closest Apple store is 1.5 hours away) then an hour later decided to preorder it. I'm considering going to pick up my reserved one and putting it on eBay but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort after all the traveling expense and eBay fees.

Anyone else planning on putting an extra on eBay?

2. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

I doubt there'll be any market. Every Apple Store is getting more in stock than just the reserves so they'll have a bunch extra to sell, plus a lot of people won't even pick up their reserves so at 3pm all those go to first-come, first-served, and people preordering devices now will get theirs on the 12th, so eBay wouldn't be saving those folks much time at all.

3. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

I probably should have, I bet some will sell for 1k+ tommorow on EBay...some people just have money to burn or something, it always seems to happen.

4. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I'll probably ebay mine if I don't like it. I'm sure I'll take a hit but it shouldn't be too bad. not that much worse than taking a hit on the restocking fee.

oh well, it's the price I pay for having the latest and greatest. :)

5. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I made about $160 over the iPad's price minus eBay's fees for listing it three time from selling one 16GB iPad. Just saying, you'll pay premium prices.