Since lion pages won't open .doc

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by thomasewell, Jul 22, 2011.

1. thomasewell macrumors newbie

Pages says file format is invalid. Re-installed iWork but still have the same issue across the iWork package. No .doc, no .ppt and no .xls. Spent and hour on the phone to apple trying to sort it. Lion has been re-installed as well which still didn't fix the problem. Anyone having the same problem/knows what to do?

2. ThierryHenry macrumors newbie

Same Problem... and more

I have the same problem. I have a MacBook Pro (2010; Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7; Memory 4GB 1067 Mhz DDr3; Startup Disk Macintosh HD) and ever since I installed Mac OS X Lion together with Office for Mac 2011 it all started. Pages (I use both iWork 09 and Office) always freezes when I open .doc files. Same with Keynote and Numbers with .ppt and .xls.

1. Readers out there, does anyone know if it has to do with the memory space?
    2. Does it have to do with Lion? If so, is it possible to go back to Snow Leopard?
    3. Does Office have some effect on iWork that makes it crash or freeze like that?

Help!

3. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

I just opened several .doc files in pages without any issues on my 2009 17" MacBook Pro.

4. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

I just opened up a bunch of *Office* documents with <gasp> Office 2011. No problems.

If you guys keep wanting to fight the system keep using your iWork apps I guess. :D Me? I'll just use the right tool for the job.

5. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

No problem here opening .doc and .xls files in Pages and Numbers.

Tried on both a 2.93GHz iMac quad i7, Lion from App Store applied over existing SL installation and a new 1.8GHz i7 11" MacBook Air with pre-loaded Lion.