Since Mavericks Update: New 2013-fall-Imac hangs

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by millvanca, Nov 20, 2013.

1. millvanca macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a 2013 imac with fusion drive.

Since updating to Mavericks following problem arises:

When opening and / or closing of apps and also when I double click on a you tube video to enlarge it to full screen it is no longer possible for a few seconds to perform, or keystrokes to move the cursor. However, videos play in the background.
    According as I ´ve written, a few seconds, everything works perfectly again. It is as if for a moment everything is frozen, with the exception that just music / videos will be played.

To resolve this problem I have already Mavericks completely reinstalled.
    Unfortunately, the problem appears to continue.

About help I would be very grateful!

Regards

Peter

2. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

A suggestion!

Your machine is still under Apple warranty. Call them: 800-275-2273 or make an appointment with one of the tech at your nearest Apple store. You should not be looking for solutions in a forum with a machine less than one year old. This is an APPLE problem. Let THEM fix it.

3. smirking macrumors 6502a

Good luck with that. I have a less than 1 year old Macbook Pro and it has been a dog ever since I upgraded to Mavericks. I wish I waited at least 6 months.

I like some of the new features, but it's not worth having to wait wait wait wait for nothing to happen.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Did you make DIY Fusion drive? I ask because some web sites didn't give out proper Apple way Fusion drives and now is causing problems in a lot of DIY Fusion drives. The proper 10.9 was is spelled out by Dark Dragoon in this post the proper Apple way to make a proper DIY Fusion drive in 10.9 to work correctly