Since this is a rumors site, here is mine...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Wingnut330, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I'm not sure what this means, if anything, but it struck me odd. Long story short our Apple Store has changed it's floor plan yet again. Not the actual design of the store, but the layout of where they are highlighting products. They have changed it 3 times in 2 weeks.

I went in the past Monday to buy my TC and it was one way - with new laptops to the front left and Apple TV's, Towers and Mini's to the right.

I went in last night and it was still new laptops to the left, but they had moved iPods to the big section to the right. This is odd to me because A. the old floor plan hadn't been that way for long and B. there is an iPod display right in front of the section they moved more iPods to.

It made me think they put the iPods there to be able to easily move them when something else replaces it, a new release iMac or something like that. This all might mean something and it might not, it just seemed weird to me.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple Stores (and their employees) don't know about the release of a new product until the day before the release when they get their shipment and are trained on them.

Apple probably sends layout suggestions from time to time, but it doesn't really have anything to do with a new product in this case.

Sorry to shatter your hopes and dreams, but it's better than you anticipating a new release and then getting mad when it doesn't happen since it wasn't planned.

3. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Good thought process, but it's very very unlikely that any iPods will be updated in the next few months. iPhone or Touch, is somewhat more possible though. But as was written above, no one at the Apple stores knows any more than we do about upcoming product releases.

4. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a