Since this is the catch-all forum section...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by roisin and mac, Mar 1, 2012.

?

which bracelet?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2012.
  1. heart toggle

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. circle toggle

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. long-and-short links

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

...I figure I might as well take advantage and post my own bit of random :D

Basically, I was gifted a bunch of charms from this store, but they're not terribly representative of my interests etc. So I thought I'd return the lot and exchange them for a nice charm bracelet because my existing one is nasty - a cheap thing I got from Accessorize a few months back as a temporary fix to be able to wear a really nice charm I'd just been given (I've been meaning to find a nicer bracelet but hadn't gotten round to it). Problem is, there are three bracelets I like about equally, and so I can't seem to choose! *d'oh* Which is weird enough as when it comes to stuff like jewelry or clothes, anything where style's a big part of the draw, I tend to know what I like pretty fast. But what's weirder still is that after polling pretty much every friend, family member, and acquaintance, opinions are split pretty much evenly - none of the three bracelets gets more thumbs-up :p

So, I'm getting desperate and I figured I got nothing to lose by polling the greater macrumors community :eek:

Here's the three bracelets: Heart Toggle

[​IMG]

Circle Toggle:

[​IMG]

Long-and-short links:

[​IMG]

Which one do you like the best?

2. eric/ Guest

eric/

depending on your age, i'd go with 3 or 1.

3 if you're older than 27
    1 if you're not

3. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

the first one is alright if you're a teen.
    the second one looks like a dog chain,
    while the third looks like an actual bracelet, with the right clothing it even may look classy.

what about a flip flop?
    [​IMG]

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If I really have to pick one from there I choose 3rd one. :p

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

7. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Third one. I would think the two sizes of links would be less likely to get twisted as well.

9. roisin and mac thread starter macrumors 6502

age won't work unfortunately - I'm exactly 27! Worse, I look younger than my age (get carded a lot - which where I am means people aren't sure I'm 18 :eek: I never know if I should be creeped out or flattered lol - mostly it's the first but I keep getting told it should be the second). But thanks for the suggestion :)

eh, yeah, you're not wrong about the dog-chain thing :p Hadn't seen it that way, but when you pointed it out, it is like that rather - in fact I guess this is what niggled about these two (1&2 are exactly the same but for the clasp btw). Otherwise I would have gone for one of them because they're the simplest design and probably the most traditional look for this sort of thing.

...as for classy, I'm not terribly worried about that. It's casual jewelry, so looking classy is not the main part of its appeal, and even when you want to do your classy look, it's not like one little bracelet is going to be enough to cancel out an entire image created with clothing, hair, makeup, and all your other accessories. Heck, my watch is more likely to do so, and I can't skip wearing it unless it's a super-snazzy evening out type of thing (aka, once a year, maybe - where I live dress code is casual to a fault).

the flip flop...not so much lol. Not my kind of thing. but, thanks for the offering, I appreciate the sentiment :)

why, have you seen any elsewhere that you like a lot more? *inquiring minds want to know*

that is an excellent point about the twisting Blue, thanks. It really hadn't ocurred to me because I've never had a bracelet like the top two. I don't think I want to risk it - it would be a major pain in the neck, having to straighten everything out all the time.

Okay, thanks you guys - the third one it is!

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

And more form-fitting and comfortable on your wrist.

11. ChristianVirtual macrumors 601

ChristianVirtual

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

13. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

It's because you have each of them in gold, isn't it? :D

14. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

The last one doesn't look terrible as the other ones.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Nope, platinum. :)

I just don't like any of the "toggles," whatever that is.

16. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

I think the first one looks better than the last. Don't know why, it's simple and nice.

17. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Swish! I approve!

Those toggles are fine on necklaces but I'd be worried to lose a bracelet. Of course I'm not much for jewelry anyway. [/breakin' female stereotypes]

18. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

The way the 3rd bracelet is arranged it could help to space out the charms you put on it.

19. eric/ Guest

eric/

If you want to continue to be treated, and look young, go with the first. It's a much "younger" style.

otherwise the 3rd.

both are fine though.

20. 'Bmac macrumors regular

21. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Seriously not trolling here, but do adults even wear charm bracelets? I thought this was something middle- and high-school girls wore.

22. eric/ Guest

eric/

Idk. Depends. I don't really notice these things. But I can imagine that if it had some meaning or something, why not?

But that's why I said what I said. The 1st looks like somebody my age would wear. The last looks like something somebody older would wear.

23. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Of course they do. It's a female thing and heavily marketed by companies like Brighton and other jewelry stores. It's a complete financial commitment as each charm can cost anywhere from $10 up to $100's or even $1000's depending upon what they are made of. The idea is to get women caught up in the concept of buying a new charm for any kind of memory or keepsake they want to remember. For example, a beach ball charm to remember your family's summer vacation, a baseball glove because your oldest son plays the game, a tennis shoe charm because you are an avid runner, etc., etc.. It's like the scrap booking of the jewelry world.