Since Upgrade to iOS4, The Notes In Contacts Is Being Truncated

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bowlerman625, Jun 26, 2010.

1. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Some of my contacts have lengthy notes that are part of the entry. Before iOS4, this was never a problem and all of the contact including the notes always displayed on my iPhone. Since I installed iOS4 on my 3GS (and with my iPhone 4) the notes part of my contact listings is being truncated so I do not see the whole thing.

When I go into my MobileMe account online the whole contact, including the notes, is intact. I have tried deleting the MobileMe on my new iPhone and then adding MobileMe again. This does not remedy the problem either.

Some of my notes are very lengthy. I'm hoping I do not have to reenter them. Has anyone noticed this since moving to iOS4 and if so, have you been able to remedy the condition?

Any thoughts would be very helpful!

2. bowlerman625 thread starter macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

3. gmeerstadt macrumors newbie

Good News, Notes are not truncated at all

you just have to scroll the field, that's it

4. kkua macrumors newbie

Data is there... you can view it only by going into the field and editing the contents. It's a pain and cumbersome. Still prefer all of it in the same screen as the contact.

I've tried to copy them from the contact field and paste into a new note. We'll see how effective they will be by the end of the month as I continue to toggle around.