Since watchOS 2.2, screen goes black before I'm finished with a message.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nerdriot, Mar 30, 2016.

1. nerdriot, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016

nerdriot macrumors regular

nerdriot

So just like the title says, I start to send a message and the screen times out before I'm finished. On 2.1, I was able to send much longer messages without the screen timing out (upwards of a minute is the longest I've sent).

Any idea what's causing this? All of my settings are the same as before (wake on raise wrist, timeout still at 15 seconds for "tap to show screen", etc..

Edit: apparently it only times out when sending a message or replying to one that hasn't just arrived. Strangely, if I get a text and respond the moment it shows up on the screen, i can leave long messages.

Seems like Apple devs would have the OS recognize that when you're sending a message, the sleep timer shouldn't be active.

2. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

Glad I saw your post: I had this happen today. It isn't so much like the screen timing out as the texting app crashing. When this happened to me today, it deleted all the text I had already dictated. It only seems to happen on longer responses, too.

3. nerdriot thread starter macrumors regular

nerdriot

That's happened to me as well. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to unpair the watch and pair it with my iPhone again.

4. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

So you have tried restarting the Watch? That was going to be my first attempt at a fix.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Sounds very similar to an early bug that affected wOS1.0.

6. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

7. nerdriot thread starter macrumors regular

nerdriot

I did, both soft reset and shut off/on. No luck. I'll be filing a bug report.