Since we didn't get a Mini update, I'm getting a current model....few questions...

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Tom McMahon, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Tom McMahon macrumors member

This Mac will be attached to a 46" HDTV and will be used for light internet/e-mail/iTunes/iPhoto for my wife. I have a friend who has done the same with his pre update Macbook and it worked like a charm (same TV) so I should be fine as far as the GMA950 goes. My plans involve purchasing the base model and upgrading as needed. I already have 2GB of ram from my MBP (recent upgrade) that will go in ASAP and if need be, I'll install a DVD burner (Newegg has the Pioneer KO6 for $76) at a later date. IF, and I mean IF, I need more processor speed, what socket C2D is in the Mini? I thought I read M, but I'm not sure. Max C2D for M socket is 2.33 correct?

Another question....no iSight on the Mini....webcam recommendations please?

I don't think I've missed anything.....I already have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and the correct cables, HDMI to DVI and mini RCA for audio (from the headphone jack on the mini to the audio in on the TV correct?).

Am I forgetting anything?

TIA
    Tom

2. tefleming macrumors 6502

Yes, socket M

It may sound crazy, but I picked up the webcam that Microsoft sells for the 360:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103047
    $35 gets you high quality and out-of-the-box compatibility with everything (as best I can tell).

Optical cable (if you wanted higher quality audio and have an appropriate receiver.)