Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
snakelda said:
what gives you more pimples,Sugar or Salt?
Neither.

Pimples = overproduction of skin oils + blocked pores + skin bacteria which feed on the trapped oil, creating a white cell response from the body, leading to inflammation and pus production.

Google is your friend

http://www.skincarephysicians.com/acnenet/moreFAQs.html
"Answer: Diet has never been proven to have a role in the cause or treatment of acne. Dietary manipulation may have a role in the treatment of some scaling diseases of the skin, but not in the treatment of acne.

Dietary cause is one of the most persistent myths about acne. Foods, such as chocolate or greasy foods, do not cause acne, but certain foods seem to make some people’s acne worse {indiividual sensitivity or allergies}. The following can bring on or worsen it:

* Hereditary factors
* An increase in male hormones found in both males and females
* Menstruation
* Emotional stress
* Oil and grease from cosmetics, work environment

No food has been shown to be effective in preventing or treating acne. A healthy diet is, of course, necessary for good general health."

http://www.swedish.org/111137.cfm
http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/acne/ACN_who.html

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I'm gonna say having a recital in three days, or three hours before a picture is taken is the prime time to get zits.

it always happens.. *anger*

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Hormones. And I don't care what people say about it not being affected by your diet - if I eat lots of greasy crap (which I avoid mostly now), I can always feel it later in my skin ugh!

I'd also recommend giving your face a good clean daily, with some kind of cleanser - I like the ones with the little exfoliating beads in them, they really give your face a good scrub (Nivea for men). :eek:

Or you can do the real manly thing and just scrub your face with sand or a course brush. :p

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Students who think similes have something to do with rhyming despite two days of discussions, small group work, independent work and individual conferences ON SIMILES.

God. "Teaching is as hard as a rock."

Sigh.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
thedude110 said:
Students who think similes have something to do with rhyming despite two days of discussions, small group work, independent work and individual conferences ON SIMILES.

God. "Teaching is as hard as a rock."

Sigh.

I'm sorry, but I don't get it. :confused: :eek:

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
I'm 28 and I have a very large pimple which I attribute to the fact that I'm unable to get through to 5 percent of my students on a topic as simple as similes, despite the extent of individual attention given to those students and the repeated statements of "I get it, Mister."

Don't mind me. It's the lesson planning talking ...

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
thedude110 said:
I'm 28 and I have a very large pimple which I attribute to the fact that I'm unable to get through to 5 percent of my students on a topic as simple as similes, despite the extent of individual attention given to those students and the repeated statements of "I get it, Mister."

Don't mind me. It's the lesson planning talking ...

Ah ok, I get it now. ;)

Try using some Windex on it. :D

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
thedude110 said:
"I get it, Mister."
Rhyming?! Psh. I could have sworn a similie is a comparison between two unlike objects using the words, 'like' or 'as.'

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
max_altitude said:
I'd also recommend giving your face a good clean daily, with some kind of cleanser - I like the ones with the little exfoliating beads in them, they really give your face a good scrub.
And keep your hair clean, too – especially if it's a little on the long side. That lank, greasy hair brushing your face all day long doesn't do anything to help your skin keep clean and your pores clear.

When I was at the spot age, along my hairline was one of the worst places for me. :eek:

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
Yeah, a consistent face washing is the main thing, but of course it doesn't get rid of all of them. I'm almost 22 and one still shows up every now and then. My main problem now is getting pores clean. Even though I scrub my face everyday, it doesn't seem to clean the pores that get blackheads. I got some of the strips you put on and peel off but haven't tried them yet. I should. :)

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
CanadaRAM said:
Foods, such as chocolate or greasy foods, do not cause acne

However, I still wouldn't recommend rubbing them all over your face. That might be counter-productive and keep that myth that food causes acne going.... :rolleyes: :D :D :D

falnfenix

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2006
in my apartment.
i've been cursed with heavily pimpled skin from the age of 11...i'm now 24. get a good, worthwhile facial cleanser, stop drinking crappy liquids(drink more water and less coffee/soda/alcohol!). eat better, wash your face 2x daily(3 if you still feel greasy...more than that will cause your face to produce more oil, which would be counterproductive).

if you can afford it, invest in Proactiv. those commercials are right - the stuff works. i've been using it since high school, and swear by it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.