Sincerest Apologies

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by slooksterPSV, Sep 28, 2017.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

Hello Everyone,

I started on the forums back in 2003/2004-ish. I met a lot of great people on here during that time and up until 2009, such as Doctor Q, BornAgainMac (still has Flanders as his image haha), etc. I even have friends on Facebook that came directly from this forum.

So what's with the post? Back in 2012 - wow I thought it was 2009 - , I flipped my lid when I saw Apple moved to Intel, but the prices went up instead of down. I had learned and loved Macs since I was in High School as they are great machines. A lot of why I flipped out was the price, and jealousy about the cost of them, and how I wouldn't own a new one. So I blew up. For that, I am deeply sorry.

Recently, I went to an iPhone (Microsoft seems to have dropped Windows Mobile and Android has fragmentation and security issues for low-budget phones) and I love it. My SE is one of my daily drivers for work, school, and different things. Well three weeks later (last week) I ordered a 2009 MacBook and have put High Sierra on it. Awesome! So I'm back in the Mac world. I still do my dev on Windows machines for now, but have apps where I can do we apps in Visual Studio Code, and I can do ASP.NET WebAPIs in Visual Studio, etc.

My point overall is, I apologize for flipping out on the forum when I was younger. Macs are amazing and still are. Windows you have a stale interface as of 10, Linux has WiFi issues, and well Mac just seems to work. With my hectic life, its nice to know I have something that does 90% of what I typically do on a machine. Why 90%? Well 10% is games that I have on steam that are only Windows-based games. A good portion will work on Mac, but not one this old.

I recently went through my sent messages and old threads I created, wow I was such a jerk. I was helpful up until 2012 then turned into a complete jerk. I hope those of you who remember me will accept my apology, and for those who don't, you can see my threads.

Its great to be back.

Thanks,

SB

2. shiekh macrumors member

How many people can see fault in themselves? You are headed for great things...

3. iMi macrumors 65816

iMi

4. trifid macrumors 68000

trifid

Welcome back. And you've also chosen one of the best if not the best mac forums in the planet. Macrumors rocks.

5. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

@slooksterPSV

I must have missed what happened entirely. But I got started with MR in the PowerPC Macs forum in 2011. I'm still there by the way.

I own ONE Intel Mac and it is a 2006 17" MBP. All the rest of my Macs are PowerMac G5s (one is a Quad with 16GB ram and 6 connected displays) and a 17" PowerBook G4.

That's just MY Macs in the house.

The PowerPC forum is still the main reason I am here and I am involved there.

Welcome back by the way.