Singing in the rain...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by west.acre, Dec 16, 2008.

1. west.acre macrumors member

So...my ipod touch fell out my pocket at a mates, and I didn't find it for a couple of days. A couple of dewy, winter days, and I'm worried to turn it on, for fear of frying the electrics. What's the best way of drying it out?

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

put it in a container of silica packets or uncooked rice

3. biikman macrumors regular

Good decision not turning it on!

4. Walt DI macrumors member

HAHA, your smarter than me, cause i wouldve turned it on, but yeah, uncooked rice is the best way to "Dry it out". Other than that use a blowdryer.

5. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

I would advise against the use of a hair dryer, just like leaving it in your car during the summer is bad for it, blowing really hot air on it isn't good either. Leave it in rice for at least a few days and cross your fingers.

6. groovdudeyo macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

Dont worry the ipod can tell if its wet and it sort of has to because if it did turn on when it was wet and it had a full charge or was plugged in you would be in big trouble. My brothers old nano got wet so we called and they told us about it shutting of until its dry thing. You could put it in uncooked rice but it might smell weird so I would wrap it in a towel.

7. twitchy204 macrumors newbie

wrapping it in a towel isn't gonna do much for him other than getting water off the outside of it. i highly doubt he cares if it smells bad as long as it works.

definently put it in rice. i've saved a few of my friends phones by doing that.

8. west.acre thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your replies, it's in the rice now! If it works, I think a celebratory curry is in order!

9. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

And here I am thinking that this thread is just going to be about my least favorite film of all time.