Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Isle of Arran, UK
I have an August 2007 iMac 1,7 (2.8 Core 2 Extreme, 667MHz RAM, 4MB Cache). According to everymac.com, it will support 6GB of RAM (1 x 2GB and 1 x 4GB). I'm having trouble finding a UK supplier for a single 4GB stick. Can anyone point me to a supplier? Crucial doesn't have them. I did find this on Amazon.uk but I don't know if it will be compatible:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DDR2-SODIMM...3J4M/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1292326200&sr=8-9

Is anyone out there running one of these machines with 6 gigs and can confirm that it will work? And where can I buy the stuff???

Thanks
Cams

PS. I'm running Snow Leopard.

Cams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Isle of Arran, UK
Thanks. I ended up ordering from OWC, just to be sure. Thankfully they ship internationally. It's amazing how hard it is to find a single 4-gig stick in the UK! :mad:

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
not difficult at all ,just go on the crucial uk site and look for pc5300 200pin and you find one there, just dont select your system because crucial will select only what apple recommends and thats maximum 4 gb ram in total, so you just need to look for the same spec 4 gb 200 pin sodimm ,instead of the 2gb sodimm ,sorted ;)

i'm just used to crucial now as their prices here in uk are really competitive , especially as they dropped prices for christmas

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.