Single dead pixel iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by T4R06, Mar 26, 2011.

1. T4R06 macrumors 65816

I know that the requirements for replacements is at least 3. But I'm quite bothered.. I bought it at BB. Should apple store will replace my unit?

2. Cool Hwhip macrumors member

They will. But if the new one is under the acceptable number of pixel anomalies, they will not replace it again.

3. thankins macrumors 6502

Mine had a dead pixel and they replaced it. The next one I got had glue issues and they replaced it too...

4. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

If apple doesn't do it, you can always try BB.

I know they will refund/exchange you within a 14-day period? I think it is.

5. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll wait till more stocks... I have 45 days to return it on BB. As a premier member.

6. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

How many dead pixel you have?

7. Flake macrumors regular

Flake

I had an original iPad with a single dead pixel and went to an Apple store and got a replacement. They did ask where I bought it from, I guess it didn't matter to them much? Just ask :)

8. meihcydna macrumors regular

went to cerritos apple store, showed them a dead pixel in the middle of my ipad2 display and "genius" said they wouldn't replace it but if it bothers you alot, we'll return it for you. never going to that apple store again.

9. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

I'd get it replaced, especially if the dead pixel is anywhere near the middle of the screen.

Manufacturers of LCD's have that minimum thing going to reduce returns, but if its in a 'common' viewing area, even one is too many.