Single greatest advantage on having your MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nikomanz, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Nikomanz macrumors regular

Nikomanz

Whats the biggest advantage on having your 11" or 13.3" MBA in your opinion?

2. ivada macrumors member

Quite simply, my 13" MBA is the best laptop I ever owned. I cannot for the life of me imagine a laptop better suited for my needs!

3. filip81 macrumors newbie

4. ModestMoo macrumors 6502

ModestMoo

I have a MBP 13", I wish bought Air instead of Pro now. So slim and portable...

5. rwcooper macrumors newbie

I have an 11" air that I purchased for its portability, but it has poor battery life at about 3.5 hours. If I were to do it again I would get the 13.3" air.

6. jacob-07 macrumors regular

7. Bigredhawkeye macrumors member

x2.

- SSD storage that is enough for my needs
    - Powerful enough processor for all of my daily tasks
    - Sleek and sexy profile

Basically it is the perfect portable laptop for my college needs.

8. firewood macrumors 604

Advantage compared to what?

Compared to my older MBP 13, the advantage of my MBA11 are size, weight, and performance of the SSD. Probably in that order.

Compared to any Wintel laptop or to an iPad, the huge advantage is that the MBA runs Mac OS X and Xcode.

9. schopaia macrumors member

schopaia

For me the advantage was purely the screen resolution. The 13" pro would have been an easy choice if not for the low DPI.

10. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Can't name any single thing as theres a few but push comes to shove, I think its down to the power.

11. summitRun macrumors regular

12. jojoba macrumors 68000

This. It's that combination. I've had light weight notebooks before, but nothing as strong as this. I've had strong notebooks before, but nothing as light as this. I just really love my MBA. I have the 13" since my iPad takes care of my day to day portability needs, but I still find the 13" very portable.

13. bogatyr macrumors 65816

+1

Also, compared to non-Apple laptops: OS X + Xcode as mentioned above.

The only thing my laptop lacks is gaming power - but I have an xbox for that exact purpose.

14. kzrconf macrumors newbie

I have a 13" 2011 MBA. Very thin and light to carry. SSD makes file operations and starting applications quick. Intel-focused platform with intel graphics results in perfect Linux compatbility. Competitive price compared with all linux-compatible alternatives when it was launched. The body and hinge seem to be very durable so I'm hoping for a long life. 1440x900 is not the resolution of your dreams, but it's the best considering the alternatives (mac and non-mac) at the time I bought it.

EDIT: The single best advantage of previous laptops is the SSD, but soon enough everything you get will have that. Most important for me was the linux compatibility, then SSD, then durability, then resolution.

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

In a nutshell, exactly this.

I love the form factor - physically, the MBA is stunning, - but, as I travel a lot, I bought mine for its portability. In addition, the SSD is extremely fast, and the screen is superb.

16. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

I definitely got my 13' for the portability. i carry an iPad and a laptop everywhere. It was crucial to have something light.

17. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

Weight and speed. Plus, the MBA 13" has more pixels than the MBP 13".

18. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

I have an MBP 13" and just bought an MBA 11". got to say, the MBA is my new carry everywhere machine along with my Work Laptop, it is portable, sexy, powerful and handles my work and gaming load as good as, if not better than the MBP.

19. kooskoos1814 macrumors member

Are you gonna sell your MBP or do you still need it ?

20. calvol macrumors 6502a

Touchpad!!! Nothing like it in the PC world.
    Battery life -- almost never have a case where I run out of juice.
    Resolution-- great having a 16:10 screen on a 13"

21. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Having spent 5 months with my 17" Pro on my lap, in a word...Portability.

It's so light, and fast...the 13" screen really isn't that limiting if you are web browsing or writing on it, and it doesn't kill my legs on the laptop tray I use.

22. dborja macrumors 6502a

+1

It does a great job when I'm away from my iMac. I also installed Parallels and Win7 on mine for Win-only applications and compatibility with work applications. I just got back from travel last week where I had to do work both onsite and remotely with my office. It didn't let me down. I really appreciate the power in such a sleek form-factor and light weight. For me, it has been an excellent road-warrior's computer.

23. lil' brudder macrumors 6502

That was almost lyrical.

24. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Single best feature has to be the portability of the machine. I love that I can take it anyway and hardly know its even there.