Single homepage linking two iWeb websites? Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by joe-d, Jan 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. joe-d macrumors newbie

This is the type of problem that only long time Mac users could help. I still have iWeb installed in one of my Macs (my 10 year old MBP to be more precise) and I got some iWeb projects in it that I'd like to make available online again for some people who used to visit them. This is what I'd like to do: I want to get a single URL and put up a homepage that links to both websites/projects but they must use the same host/same URL. I don't want either website to show links/pages for the other site. Once people click on the link for the site they want to visit, I want them to have the impression they are using the websites as they were originally made. However, as far as I know there is no way of linking one iWeb project to another iWeb project in iWeb. So, can any of you offer me a suggestion? Do you know any workaround?

2. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

that shouldn't be a problem if you make sure one of them do not have a "index" as first page, you can either (safe way) install it in each folder on the host (e.g. page #1 in the root folder and page #2 in /page2/ folder, then you can also keep the index file)
    the trickier one is to ensure all pages have unique names and one index, that should also work.