iPad Pro Single issue regarding the Pencil.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Entopia7, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Entopia7 macrumors regular

Lucky enough to have found a Pencil in my local store. Loving the experience, it's great for note taking (the majority of my productive iPad time) but I've found that if I keep it in the loop on my iPad case, the pencil will not sleep like it does when it's stationary. This means the pencil battery drains about as quickly as my iPad does. It's not a huge deal, but it does mean I'm charging the pencil every night.

Anyone else having a similar experience? I've taken to leaving mine on my desk or table when I'm home so it doesn't drain unnecessarily.

Edit: I will add that the pencil charges VERY quickly from the iPad pro lightning port and oddly slow from my usb charger...

2. nikster0029 Contributor

nikster0029

Yea. For some odd reason, when it is not in use, it still is on and draining energy. I turn off bluetooth and then the pencil is off.

3. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

When the Pencil detects any (even the slightest) movement, it will wake up and connect to your iPad Pro's Bluetooth and it will drain battery. If no motion is detected for about a few minutes, it will go to sleep again and you will see the Bluetooth icon on the status bar of the iPad to turn into grey indicating disconnection.