Single pixel is dead (rMBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alexmarchuk, Jul 30, 2012.

1. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

So it took me a few minutes to realize this when I opened by Macbook, but it was too much excitement to make a big difference or going back to the Apple store to deal with it.

I'm going to go the 5th avenue store tonight and see what they can do. What is the procedure over a dead pixel? It is highly annoying and just unacceptable. Everytime this portion of the screen becomes dark it is painfully noticable as well. On startup, dark scenes, etc.

2. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

This happened to me. I went to Apple Store and they documented it. Called Apple and they setup a replacement, which arrived about a week later.

If they give you crap about it being 'acceptable' by Apple - then return it and buy another.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

They might cave immediately or give you a vague interpretation of the dead pixel policy. It normally takes a lot more dead pixels according to policy though. Then again that was a few years ago.

4. alexmarchuk thread starter macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

No I am not, silly as it may sound, I knew the whole time I would have been able to have the 14 day no return policy and all that, well ****, life happens and it wasn't greatly affecting my usage - other than the buggy ML which needed to get updated again and again.

I bought the device July 8th.

What then, if they refuse to fix it, pay the return fee and get another?

5. BigZ9 macrumors member

I had a single dead pixel. I decided to use the massaging method, which is to massage the pixel with your finger gently while keeping a micro fibre cloth on between your finger and the screen. It luckily worked for me.

6. alexmarchuk thread starter macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Yeah, I am fully planning on it tonight - I have an appointment at around 10 so I'll see what I can get done.

7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

If it's outside the 14 day window, it can't be returned.

8. Blue604 macrumors regular

try calling apple.

it happened to me, but i called within 14 days, and they did exchange for me. The lady who answered said they are pretty flexible with their days. She said i can still return/exchange after 14 days. She said they even let customers returned their engraved products.

1800 my apple

9. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

That's not a dead pixel.

An actual dead pixel cannot be fixed. Just like a dead person cannot be brought back to life.