Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alfieg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
Anyone else getting an occasional issue where a single press of the side button registers as a double press and activates Apple Pay?

I'm not sure if it's a software or mechanical issue but it's annoying. I'd say it happens about 1 in 20 times(ish)

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Happened the second time I downloaded an app. I assumed it has registered a double click in the button as opposed to software. Interesting...

Alfieg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
This is different as it happens at times well away from a payment scenario. I press once to sleep or wake the device and it goes straight to apple pay. Driving me nuts. I was hoping it was software but must be a hardware issue or others would be experiencing the same thing.

Shakkan

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
Same issue here... hopefully it’s a software issue fixed in 11.2. Love my iPhone X but this issue is annoying. :)

Alfieg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
I’ve now realised its not bringing up Apple Pay, it’s bringing up the wallet and asking me to double click to pay. The only other way I can replicate it is with the wallet as found when opening it from control centre. Just before it says double click to pay the Face ID icon shows up for a millisecond but makes no attempt to authenticate. I can’t believe more people aren’t experiencing this bug, it’s driving me mad!

Rayban

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
I’ve also noticed this. It has happened a couple time when I hit the power button. But like others have said, it’s not the usual Apple Pay double press action. It’s telling you to double tap the button as opposed to scanning your face immediately.
This tells me it’s software related.

Alfieg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
This is still happening in 11.2 :(

Anyone else? It sometimes doesn't happen for a whole day, then it will happen 10 times in a day or 5 in an hour. I can find no trend or pattern to it.

So annoying!

Alfieg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
Still happening in the latest public beta. Driving me mental! Some days it will happen once or twice and others it happens continuously. Still no trend or cause found.

I can't be the only person with this bug surely!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.